Our Motivation & Endeavors
In this age of excessive consumption and skewed distribution across the globe, adopting a sustainability centric approach is our only salvation. Recognizing the need for promoting prosperity for all while protecting the planet, the United Nations has come up with a list of Sustainable Development Goals as the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
With a view to create discourse around sustainability, EnvEcoLogic is constantly seeking to engage with the youth, as we recognize that innovative ideas from these sharp young minds need to be given a platform to express their opinions and thoughts. With this perspective, some of our key initiatives in the recent times have been aimed at increasing youth participation and discourse. Some of our endeavours include partnering with TERI School of Advanced Studies for Climate Jamboree 2018, appointing 180 Degree Consulting (Hansraj) as our Outreach partners for the biggest pan Delhi survey on air pollution to date, and organizing Green Vision 2019 for school kids, which is an essay writing competition on SDGs.
About Green Vision 2019 for Colleges
Continuing with our endeavours, Envecologic is launching Green Vision 2019 for Colleges – Think. Adopt. Adapt, a competition aimed to encourage young minds to think and brainstorm on topics that impact them the most. Express your opinions, ideas, thoughts, and suggested action course on any of the given topics, and share them with us. The best ideas stand to win some highly lucrative prizes, including internship opportunities, and opportunity to be published.
- Role of Youth in combating Climate Change
- Finding sustainability in Consumerism
- Turning Garbage Nation into a Sustainable Nation
- India’s Economic Growth Vs. Environment Debate
- Stitching a Green Scarf: Making Fashion more sustainable
What’s in store for you?
- Participation certificates – All participants shall receive a participating certificate
- 1st Prize – a) Summer Internship Opportunity ; b) A certificate; c) opportunity to become a contributor to our e-magazine & websites (Thought Leadership Insights section) d) cash prize
- 2nd Prize – a) A certificate b) opportunity to have your article published on our website & in our e-magazine c) cash prize
- 3rd Prize – a) a certificate b) article to be published in our e-magazine, and c) cash prize
- Special Mention Prizes – Top 30 essays to be published in a special edition e-magazine
Students persuing any graduate or postgraduate Course from any recognized university are eligible to participate in this competition.
Terms & Conditions
- Your essay should contain the following:
- Cover page – should be attached with each essay along with your details (name, college/university name, name of the course, year/semester, contact number & email), and an introduction to your article – the reason why you have chosen a particular topic, and your objective.
- Article – there is no word limit, although it should not be less than 500 words.
- Competition Date:
- Registration opens : 15th February 2019.
- Last date of submission: 21st March 2019
- General Rules
- All essays must be in English language.
- A registration fee of Rs.150/- has to be paid by each participant. You can register yourself at http://envecologic.com/greenvision-colleges/
- Should be written only on one of the topics provided.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. In case of multiple entries, the first one will be considered. In case of multiple entries sent at the same time, any one may be considered.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Name of the file shall be given as: FULLNAMEOFPARTICIPANT_PERSONOFCONTACT
- Subject for the email: Green Vision 2019 For Colleges Article Submission
- Entry submission: All entries to be submitted in electronic format (PDF) to email@example.com